Weaving Houndstooth Wash Cloths on a Rigid Heddle Loom•
Posted on February 24 2023
Hi friends! More weaving content for you.
So now that I know I can make things with my loom and they actually look good and function properly (!), I'm on a mission to replace all of my hand towels and wash cloths.
These houndstooth wash cloths are deceptively easy. It's literally not even a pattern. It's regular-ass weaving, just with two warp strands and two weft strands of alternating colors. That's it.
Oh and yes I've used these wash cloths in the shower already, and they're perfect. Get weaving, these are so dang fast!
- Ashford 24" Rigid Heddle Loom
- Sugar'n Cream Cotton Yarn
- 7.5 dpi heddle
- 226 ends - 15" warp width
- approx 60" warp length for 2 wash cloths
- 2" of 8/2 cotton yarn, 14" of houndstooth pattern with Sugar'n Cream yarn, another 2" of 8/2 cotton - each wash cloth was 17" on the loom
- after washing & hemming, they were about 12" square
Shop Update Preview
What's up friends! Let me share with you what will be in the next shop update. Below are the details of the bags, and I show them in action in the ...Read More
Tiny Shop News
I'll be taking a break from allowing custom orders! I'll announce if I can take on that workload again. Thank you!Read More
Socks with Contrast...
I have a lot of things I think you'll like to see on the sock machine, whether you have a sock machine or not! I've done tons of sock machine live ...Read More