Weaving Houndstooth Wash Cloths on a Rigid Heddle Loom•
Posted on February 24 2023
Hi friends! More weaving content for you.
So now that I know I can make things with my loom and they actually look good and function properly (!), I'm on a mission to replace all of my hand towels and wash cloths.
These houndstooth wash cloths are deceptively easy. It's literally not even a pattern. It's regular-ass weaving, just with two warp strands and two weft strands of alternating colors. That's it.
Oh and yes I've used these wash cloths in the shower already, and they're perfect. Get weaving, these are so dang fast!
- Ashford 24" Rigid Heddle Loom
- Sugar'n Cream Cotton Yarn
- 7.5 dpi heddle
- 114 ends - 15" warp width
- approx 60" warp length for 2 wash cloths
- 2" of 8/2 cotton yarn, 14" of houndstooth pattern with Sugar'n Cream yarn, another 2" of 8/2 cotton - each wash cloth was 17" on the loom
- after washing & hemming, they were about 12" square
A Farewell to Yarns
Hey friends! There's a shop update coming tomorrow, Thursday, August 3rd! I have been carrying 3 bases from Echoview Fiber Mill, but the mill sadly...Read More
Create Amazing Sock...
Here's how I make a shorty sock on my circular sock machine on 64 stitches! These socks are perfect for warmer weather, and go great with your dai...Read More
It's Called Manifes...
It's Called Manifesting, Look It Up It may look like I'm cooking homegrown mushrooms, but I'm actually manifesting an empire. I've got a lot of d...Read More