We're back baby! Here's what you need to know.•
Posted on June 13 2022
Forest Lane Fiber Co officially has running water! I mean, it's part of my house, so I technically always had running water, but now I have a functioning utility sink in the dye studio with an actual faucet.
What this means
I'm prepping for my next shop update! I'll be sewing project bags and dyeing yarn. Here's all the particulars!
A week or so ago, I polled my Instagram story peeps about their preferences for an upcoming shop update.
- Fingering & DK weight yarns were the two most preferred weights
- Semisolids & speckles/variegated colorways were split down the middle
- People wanted to see new colors rather than established colors that have been seen before
- Saturated colors were more preferred than pale/muted colors
- Neutrals and colors were split down the middle
- Two thirds of you were looking forward to project bags
- A majority preferred a preorder structure rather than everything dyed to order
I don't have a date yet for the update, but you'll know once it becomes clear.
How the update will look
- Bags will be listed & ready to ship.
- A batch of yarn will be dyed so that you can see what you're preordering (obviously).
- All yarn besides the first batch will be preorder only. Likely a 2-3 week turnaround, but I'll let you know for sure when the time comes!
- As always, any ready-to-ship items purchased in the same transaction with preorder items won't ship until the preorders are ready. I can't make money for separate shipping appear out of nowhere!
In other news
For International Knit in Public Day, I went out to For Ewe: An Inclusive Fiber Community. I got to meet the owner, Lisa, knit with some new yarn friends, and check out all of what she carries in the shop. I love the mission Lisa set out to achieve:
Our goal is to lift up those of us in the fiber arts who have been marginalized - women, people of color, folks from the LGBTQIA+ community, neurodiverse folks - by featuring their products and introducing them to folks who may not know their work.
I'm excited to have this yarn shop in the area. It's honestly the first one that felt perfectly welcoming.
If you missed it
I've made several Reels on Instagram in the last few weeks, go check them out!
That's all for now!
Love you, mean it.
New Year Sale
Hi friends! I want to express my appreciation for all of you supporting this business and the overarching goal of mine to bolster & strengthen...Read More
Holiday Shop Update
Holiday Shop Update - December 2nd at 7pm EST Hey friends! This is our first Holiday update in the new house, down an Actual Forest Lane (TM). I've...Read More
December Curio Coll...
Curio Collective A cabinet of oddities, deadly things, items you may believe to be haunted and make you generally uneasy. December 2022 - Asyl...Read More